Application are invited for six prestigious three years postgraduate positions as Early Stage Researcher (ESR) within the European Industrial Doctorate project REAL-NET. The project is supported through the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curieactions (MSCA).
REAL-Net is looking for candidates with exceptional skills in machine learning, signal processing, optical communicationor applied mathematics. Preferred skill requirements include experience in experimental work. Knowledge of scientific programming and computing, physical optics, communications. Knowledge in differential equations, mathematical physics, numerical analysis, information or communication theory is essential.
• BSc or MSc qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent
• Early Stage Researcher (in your first 4y of research experience and without a PhD)
• Experience in experimental work, machine learning or relevant experimental work
• Knowledge of scientific programming and computing, particularly in the context of optical fibre communications
• Knowledge in differential equations, mathematical physics, numerical analysis, information and communication theory is an asset
• English Language
• Comply with MSCA eligibility and mobility criteria as listed below.
Training and Secondments
REAL-NET aims to bring this exciting new approach into commercial application with the help of its world leading industry partners, Coriant and Orange, where successful applicants will spend 18 months of their appointment. Besides, REAL-NET researchers will benefit from further continuing education including a suite of bespoke training activities and active participation in external scientific training events, conferences and workshops.
Applicants must be Early Stage Researchers (ESRs), i.e. in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers, and not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
The trans-national mobility is mandatory at the time of recruitment, i.e. the applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.